On Dec 4, 9:07 pm, Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2008, at 4:01 AM,doraymewrote:
>
> > In my G4 QS 933 I have:
>
> > Chipset Model:     GeForce4 MX
> >  Type:     Display
> >  Bus:      AGP
> >  VRAM (Total):     64 MB
> >  Vendor:   nVIDIA (0x10de)
> >  Revision ID:      0x00a2
> >  ROM Revision:     1091
>
> > Wondering if it will be able to run an LCD screen of 24" at the native
> > res of 1920 x 1200px ok?
>
> This Apple KBA doc seems to indicate it supports 1920x1200, and one
> higher (1920x1440) also:
>
> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88346>

I bought a 24" Dell, with this 1920 x 1200 native res and it came
yesterday, but neither of my cards (the AGP with the VGA, Geoforce)
nor a PCI card  with DVI connection) would run the monitor at the
native res.

The ATI card (maybe a PC flashed one?) worked brilliantly on my (now
busted) other 1600 x 1200 Dell and is powering a 19" LCD right now:

ATY,RV100VRAM (Total):  64 MB
ROM Revision:   113-85501-208

The Geoforce AGP has ADC and VGA, I use it for the VGA only. It two
works well but seems unable to reach the res required.

Neither card enables any more than 1600x1200 as detected in display
monitor panels.

Shall I just go and buy a new AGP card or is there anything I can do
to make either card play along?

I was surprised that when I managed to get a show onto the new 24"
Screen, it was not only at 1600 x 1200 but it was stretched to fit!
Looked terrible, not just not the best! This was the case with both my
cards. (I read the link suggested above and it mentions "stretched",
can't imagine how that could be a useful thing to have...)

Am considering sending the Dell back and getting another 20" or 22"
instead (where I had no trouble of this sort).

I suspect I need a new card! I would prefer to replace the AGP one,
any recommendations?