On Dec 20, 2008, at 11:01 AM, George Hozendorf wrote:

> I have two monitors using a Sewell external video card for the
> second monitor.  On the second monitor, which is turned vertically
> I lose the mouse.  Mouse Locator helps some, but when the erratic
> mouse goes to the outside edge of the vertical monitor, it is
> lost.  Any suggestions to correct this problem will be appreciated.
>
> George

I think the erratic mouse is due the limitations of the refresh rate
of the usb adapter.

As far as the lost mouse is concerned, are the monitors shown in the
monitors preference pane the same way they are physically arranged on
your desk?

Does the adapter support the refresh rate and resolution settings of
the second monitor? Portrait monitors are very rare now a days.

Looking at the specs of a couple of adapters at sewelldirect.com, it
appears that they do not support portrait monitor resolutions:

        Supported Standard Resolutions: 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768,
1280 x 960, 1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200
        Supported Widescreen Resolutions: 720x400, 832x624, 1152x870,
1360x768, 1366x768, 1440x900, 1680x1050

So I am guessing that part of the screen is being cut off on the left
and right sides and that is where the mouse is going.

Len