My Epson Stylus Photo R1800 makes beautiful prints from digital photos
or scans. Occasionally a print head will clog and need cleaning, and
that wastes ink, but the prints are so good that I put up with it.
There are six separate ink cartridges so you can use each one up
completely, unlike my R1280 that had to have its entire cartridge
containing all the colors thrown away when just one color ran out. I
learned that when the printer starts warning you that a color is low
(a red light blinks), don't replace it--it still has a lot of life
left. I suppose Epson is hoping you'll replace a cartridge when it's
merely low. When a cartridge is empty, the red light is steady, and
the printer stops.

Another plus: the combination of these archival Epson inks and matte
heavyweight paper is said by Epson to be able to last 200 years if you
keep it out of constant sunlight. I've had color prints hanging on a
wall in a stairwell that do get afternoon sun, and in three years I've
seen no fading in them.

I sell these prints on eBay, (see <http://tinyurl.com/5s5r7j> ) and
plenty of people have bought them. Take a look at my eBay feedback to
see how much people like these prints. They really are beautiful.

So, if your main use is to print photos or scans, my vote is for the
Epson R1800.

Tom

Thomas Baker
Art website at http://www.ThomasBakerPaintings.com