Charles, thanks; but as I noted above, that box is checked.

The card is specified on the OWC web site as being boot-capable, and
compatible with both OSX and OS9. But when I boot into OSX, OS9
does not start. If I go to System Preferences/System/Classic, it
displays the partition with OS9. So I click on that file, and Classic
promptly loads. But it won't load separately.

Can one install OS9 and OSX on the same partition?

- Michael B. in Cincinnati