>At 9:45 PM -0800 1/8/2009, Ernest L. Gunerius wrote:
>>When I finally recovered from my monster crash of Dec 17and after an
>>"Write all zeros" Erase I then installed 10.4.11 on my 250 Gig and
>>partitioned my 500 Gig to 420 and 80 then realizing that the 500 Gig
>>may have had physical problems I did a "Write all Zeros " erase on
>>the 420 and 80.
>>
>>That gave me a 420 Gig and a 45 Gig. Many bad sectors on the 80 gig.
>
>bzzzt.  Replace that drive.  Loosing a few KILOBYTES to bad sectors
>happens, over the life span of a drive.
>Loosing GIGABYTES????  *gak*  Thirty five GIG!  *choke*  That drive
>is brick, waiting to become.
>
>>When I run MacJanitor on the 250 Gig and then Increment the other
>>Volumes does the Clean-up on the 250 get properly transferred to the
>>other volumes?
>
>Yes, but in your particular case, I wouldn't trust that backup on that drive.
>
>- Dan.
>--
>- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth

Thanks Dan,

*Gak* indeed, I am gambling for a few weeks until the funds open up.
I will get at least a new 500 Gig maybe two drives one 250 internal
and a 500 Gig Firewire external after the Power Company gets their
chunk.

  I choked when I saw what was left of the 80 Gig but wanted to
comment on the simplicity of the SuperDuper back-Up.

I was surprised that it actually worked at all after hearing the
Clicking from inside the Computer. I did not know which drive was bad
so just Nuked all of them to see what I got. The Data was already
gone.

ErnieG