There is a video on OWC's site showing how to do it. Looks fairly easy.

--- On Mon, 1/26/09, kocho <symlkrb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: kocho <symlkrb...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: What is the best Super Drive for G4 Sawtooth running at 450Mhz?
To: "G3-5 List" <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 4:38 PM

ALEX AND OTHER GROUP MEMBERS
I  have to replace my super drive whose tray doesnt open with an
internal super drive. Is it difficult to take out the existing one and
to put in new one? Not  done heavy technical intervention except
adding new RAMs,, Any manual to ease my task..
Powermac G5 dual processor  2.3 ghz desktop..Tiger OS
Super drive is pioneer,,
thnx in advance!

On Jan 26, 12:25 pm, Alexander MacLeod <twocor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Mike Baker <psufa...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> > I was thinking of getting the Samsung 20X DVD Super-MultiDrive with
Lightscribe software from OWC
(http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/optical-drives/superdrives/powermac/). I would
replace the existing DVD player/CD writer in the front 5.25" bay with it.
Can the Sawtooth handle this drive?