On Feb 8, 11:20 am, "Dan A. Currie" <danc...@frontiernet.net> wrote:
> Hello All and Dan,
>
> Here is what I have  - a G4 MDD DUAL 1.25 MHz / 2 GB RAM / NETSCAPE
> 9.0.0.6,  1 -120 GB (OS10.5), 1 - 200 GB (OS10.4), 1- 120GB and 1 - 6GB
> (OS9.2) HDD's in that order.
>
> When I go to Startup Disk in System Preferences all 3 OS's are there on
> their respective HDs but when I select OS9.2 and then click RESTART the
> G4 begins a normal restart, looks for OS9.2 ... CAN NOT FIND IT ... and
> restarts in OS10.5.

AND

On Feb 8, 12:06 pm, "Dan A. Currie" <danc...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Up until just over a year ago this was a MAC OS9.2 machine, then I
> upgraded to 10.4 -11 and now to 10.5.5.
>
> When I try to boot up OS9.2 going through SP, it tries very hard to find
> OS9.2 - the old file folder is there flashing from the Picasso to ? mark
> about 5 or 6 times then it "gives up" and goes to 10.5.
>
> Perhaps the 6GB is TOO far down the tree? I asked about that before  ...
> I thought.

You've tried many suggestions including re-blessing the OS 9 System
Folder.

Reviewing the above, you have OS 9.2 loaded on two HDDs, "1- 120GB and
1 - 6GB (OS9.2) HDD's in that order."  And you cannot boot into either
of the OS 9.2 drives?  Sometime about a year ago you upgraded from OS
9.2 to OS X Tiger.  Perhaps more detail on the history may help.  With
the Tiger upgrade, did you retain OS 9.2 on a drive with no problems
for a while?  Did you go without 9.2 for a while and more recently
loaded it on both its drives?  If so, did you initialize the two OS
9.2 drives using OS X Disk Utility and perhaps did not check the box
for loading the OS 9 drivers?

Do you have the problem whether trying to restart in OS 9.2 from
either of your Tiger and Leopard drives?  Before I happily sold my G4
Quicksilver 733 with two internal drives, I had OS X 10.3.9 Panther
and OS 9.2.2 on the "main" drive.  The other drive had three volumes,
one for OS 9.2.2, one for OS X 10.3.2 (test), and a third for scratch
space.  I could not boot into OS 9.2.2 via Startup Disk in System
Preferences while restarting from OS X on the main drive.  But I could
boot OS 9.2.2 from the test OS X on the secondary drive.

If you had both OS X and OS 9 booting fine for a while, what changes
occurred in the system environment shortly before you hit the OS 9.2
boot problem?  Like maybe the last version update to OS 10.5.5?

Hope you have better luck with your "Honey-dos from She who must be
Obeyed."

Al Poulin