I'm not sure why the 6200 is listed as incompatible with the MDD but
the folks at themaceleite are very knowledgable. I guess I could put
one of my 6200s into my MDD just to see what happens but I suspect I'd
just get a black screen. I have 6200s in my Cube and in my Digital
Audio, they are very good cards, but I recently swapped out the 6200
for a 7800 GS in my G5 and there's no comparison, the 7800 is far
superior...  it won't run in a 2x slot (Sawtooth & Gig-E) but from the
Digital Audio model on up it would be the top performer. The only
drawback with either card is that, with 10.5.x, there is a boot delay
of 2-3 minutes while the temperature sensor kicks in. There are modded
ROMs with the temp sensor disabled but then you can't monitor the
temperature of the card. Since the video card sits close the the
processor in most Macs I like to keep an eye on the temp.