On Feb 22, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Lawrence David Eden wrote:

> Yes.  I have a Western Digital in the B&W that works fine.  I called
> Apple about the jumper settings, and they told me to use CS instead
> of Master.

This is wrong. The B&W was pre-cable select and needs to be either
master or slave. It may have worked with a single HD set incorrectly,
but won't work with two.

> The B&W seems to like this setting, but if I install the
> Quantum in addition to the WD, the B&W will not boot regardless of
> what jumper settings I select.

When you add the HD and change the jumper settings you'll need to
reset the PRAM/NVRAM. Hold the Cmd-Opt-P-R at startup for a few
chimes, and then after one chime switch to Cmd-Opt-O-F to get the Open
Firmware startup screen (white with black text). At the prompt, type
the commands:

set-defaults<Return>
reset-all<Return>

where <Return> means to hit the Return key. The reply should be "OK"
to the 1st command, and a restart to the 2nd. Upon this restart it
should boot the Master HD of the primary bus, if the HDs are set
correctly to master & slave.

Also, the HD from the Beige would need to conform to the 1st 8GB
limitation, whereas the B&W doesn't have this limitation, so you'd be
better off not transferring the HD unless you're using the 1st 8 GB
partition for OS 9/classic or something else?