On Mar 10, 2009, at 9:38 AM, nestamicky wrote:

> Bruce Johnson wrote:
>> Ok, so this weekend I became an object lesson for y'all.
>>
>> A couple of months ago, I got a neat little webcam from Woot.com, the
>> Clique Hue.
>>
> I went to their site Bruce and saw some cute cams. I'm curious though;
> how are these connected to the computer. I'm not seeing any cable.

The gooseneck thingie ends in a USB plug, so you can plug it in
directly, there's also a weighted base that comes with a USB cable,
and a usb port on the top for the camera.

Here's a good picture: <http://tinyurl.com/aecrjw> The camera is
plugged into the base here. (the usb cable, which is about 2.5-3' long
is the dark blob in the box there.)

They exaggerate greatly, no way are these cameras truly 1.3 megapixels.

I was playing with mine and at that resolution (1280x1024) there were
horrible, horrible jaggies in the image.

But the focus was sharp at 640x480and 800x600, and their 5cm to
infinity focus range seems right, which will make them great for
playing with stop-action animation. You'll need iChatUSBCam to use
them with iChat.

It had quite good low-lighting response, and a decent framerate. It
was worth the $14 + S&H I paid at Woot.

You can get 'em at K-mart for $19, about the same price I got after S&H.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona