On Mar 27, 1:21 pm, Dan <dantear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At 9:50 AM -0700 3/27/2009, Dana Collins wrote:
>
> >Dig. Audio G4/733MHz w/ 1 Gig of RAM, OS 9.2.2
>
> >On first boot of the DA's newly installed OS, Airport immediately
> >recognized the ESSID of the router, and let me easily plug in the WEP
> >password, set up a keychain, and launched connection with no problem -
> >signal is clear as a bell. The Airport app shows that the unit is
> >online for the network
>
> Good.
>
> >and TCP/IP (set to Airport connection) generates an apparently good
> >IP address (using DHCP-its a 169. series if that helps).
>
> Bad.  The 169 address is self-assigned to indicate that the DHCP
> negotiation *failed*.
>
> Check the settings and logs in your router - make sure it's trying to
> talk to your PM.
>
> - Dan.
> --
> - Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the reply. "PM" means...? Any suggestions on how one checks
("where one checks" would probably be more accurate) these router
settings? I did a manual setting input, emulating a successful hard-
wired IP setting copied from a G5 tower; its IP settings started with
192.xxx.x.x with a (I presume stock) subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and
a router address of 192.xxx.x.1 -
I was unsuccessful, and even TCP/IP balked at it.
No clue why it is giving me such trouble.
-Dana