On Apr 9, 7:45 pm, Wendell Mendell <wmend...@mac.com> wrote:
> I posted earlier about  migrating user accounts from my G4 Sawtooth,
> running 10.4.11 to my new Mini running Leopard.  I solved my first
> problem by buying a 800/400 Firewire cable and now can bring up the
> Sawtooth in target mode.  However....
>
> I have two hard disks in the G4, and my system is on Device 2.
> Target mode only mounts Device 1 on the Desktop of the Mini

This happened to me with my G4 Quicksilver with two disk drives, my
primary drive running 10.3.9 Panther.  Making the QS the target from a
then new G4 iBook running Tiger and then from an aluminum iMac running
Leopard gave me only the three volumes on my secondary QS drive.  My
work around was to be running the Quicksilver and making the new
machines the target.  I was able to do the quick transfers of the
Users folder.  Migration Assistant was useless.  I copied my email
folders to the desktop of the new machines along with the mail
preferences, as previously described in an earlier thread.
http://groups.google.com/group/g3-5-list/t/aabee6132bfc9e3e?hl=en
Then I imported the old mail into the new machines' Mail, along with
the preferences which gave me the email accounts.   I also captured my
Safari bookmarks from the old preferences.

Thinking back on this, I probably could have copied the Users folder
from the QS primary drive to one of the secondary drive's volumes and
let the new machines use the secondary volume.

Al Poulin