On Apr 13, 2009, at 6:01 PM, insightinmind wrote:

> Any reason why Time Machine now thinks it has to replace the entire
> backup (making the resulting space needed insufficient)? Relative to
> replacing the mobo?

it's a new motherboard, I'm pretty sure TM uses some hardware aspect
of the system to identify computers (probably the MAC address, since
that does not change unless the hardware does.) iTunes is gonna think
it's a new computer as well. I KNOW iTunes uses the MAC address to ID
a computer, because that's how it differentiates them when you go to
iTunes to enable/disable computers.

> I noticed I no longer have Serial Number and Model Number in the
> System Profiler.

Yep,that info was stored in NVRAM on the old Mobo.

I haven't found a way to make TM pick up with a new machine where it
left off.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona