On May 8, 2009, at 3:50 PM, Anne Brataas wrote:

> What's with this email I got today from alleged HELP DESK at
> mac.com full of wrong info about my MAC account, starting with its
> name (correctly, it's a .mac account) and including its size and
> expiration date, and telling me it's about to expire and wanting my
> account info? Screen shot attached. Of course I didn't bite.

I get these phishing/spoof e-mails pretending to be from paypal and
ebay all the time.  I usually forward them to sp...@paypal.com and
sp...@ebay.com, respectively, before trashing them.  They usually
send an acknowledgement of the forward and a few minutes later a
confirmation that it was indeed a phishing thing and a promise that
they'll do what they can to track do the bad guys.

Joe

        Joe the Juggler
        4148 Wyoming St.
        St. Louis, MO 63116