On May 11, 2009, at 6:13 AM, Ross wrote:

> Jason Brown wrote:
>> I have a non firewire 800 MDD system. It is a Dual 1.25 GHz system. I
>> was curious if the Dual 1.42 GHz card from the firewire 800 model
>> will
>> work on this board. Mine is running at 167 MHz system bus. Thank you
>> in advance.
>
> Yes, it will. I have the same system, and just purchased a Dual
> G4/1.42GHz CPU card for it. Runs great. Not sure it is worth what I
> paid for it, but it is a lot cheaper than a Sonnet Duet, and has twice
> (2MB/CPU) the L3 cache as my Dual G4/1.25GHz CPU card which had (1MB/
> CPU). I'm happy with it.
>
> Ross

Sweet, thank you for the information. The Dual 1.25 card that I am
running has 2 meg L3 Cache per cpu so I will count myself lucky there.
I am going to watch the list and ebay for a dual 1.42 card and likely
upgrade my cpu. I may also keep my eye out for a FW800 case and FW800
board and do the ol switcheroo on parts to build a newer FW800 model
hehe. Have a great day and thank you so much again for the
information. =)