On May 19, 2009, at 2:46 PM, joe wrote:

> On May 19, 2009, at 12:53 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>
>> On May 19, 2009, at 10:29 AM, joe wrote:
>>
>>> I've been having the weirdest iTunes problem.  On certain songs, it
>>> "sticks" --it will literally play the same roughly 1 second part
>>> of a
>>> track over and over again.  The timeline display toggles back and
>>> forth (like between 1:46 and 1:47 for example).
>>>

>> I've had that problem with corrupted mpg or aac files ripped from
>> CD's. If it's a MP3 song, try playing it with a different player,
>> like
>> VLC.
>
> I think you're right.  I thought these were songs I'd copied from
> vinyl, but at least the one I'm looking at now was indeed ripped from
> a CD.  In Amadeus I can see that it's messed up.  I'm pretty sure
> these all worked fine for a long time, but a month or so back, I
> copied that partition back from a back-up, so I guess it got
> corrupted in the copying process at one point or another.
>
> What threw me is that iTunes would play like it was stuck (toggling
> back and forth over the same second).  In VLC and Amadeus it doesn't
> do that. It actually plays through the entire track, but the sound is
> all messed up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

I've had the same problem with copying MP3 files, especially over a
network.  All of my music library is safely on my file server and
from there they play fine, but recently I copied the library over to
a computer which is normally not connected to the network for playing
when the network is not available.  After listening to the files
being played from that system I can tell there is some copy
corruption.  Which begs the question, why?  Does it have to do with
the nature of the MP3 files themselves (being compressed and all), or
is the computer copying procedure suspect?

Just a message from Doug...

http://groups.google.com/group/hq-a <+> A home for the Hackintosh
community.

To subscribe to the HQ-A group, send email to hq-a
+subscr...@googlegroups.com