My Seagate PATA 750GB  drive (an Ultra ATA drive) has dropped out from
time to time off my mobo IDE channel, and it has brought up the
question of should I be using CS Mode or change it to Master / Slave
(Master, since I only have one drive). I have a similar setup in my
Digital Audio Dual 533, but it hasn't dropped out yet ...

I get conflicting reports - One reference about specific requirements
of Cable Select Mode in MDD and QS 2002ED Apple computers is:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA27008

A seemingly conflicting Apple document, says it doesn't support Ultra
ATA drives in CS mode:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1815

According to this, I need to set it to something other than CS ... say
Master since it is a single drive. Continuing to investigate before I
change it ... could explain why it dropped out, having it set to CS?

Probably to do with the Ultra ATA versus earlier ATA style drives?

So what does that slit in the mobo IDE Apple supplied cable mean?

Do I need to have my  Ultra ATA drive jumpers set to Master (or
Single)? in both my QS 2002 Dual 1GHz and my DA Dual 533?

Maybe an easy one ...