Howdy,
 Use any flat IDE cable you want.  Use 80 pin cables if you want speeds
greater than 33 megabytes per second.  Use CS if you are prepared to
have your computer guess which drive is which and whether you have the
right cable.  Set the master/slave settings if you want to know it will
work.  The master/slave settings do have to be set right, so some
companies and people don't want to do it.  Some drives have separate
settings for Master with slave and Master without slave(aka Single).  I
am not saying you won't get it to work any other way.  But, follow those
simple rules and it will work.
Good luck,
Ralph