On Jul 2, 2009, at 6:49 PM, dc wrote:

> I use cables without the slit, never had problems. You should be able
> to find them easily since the are stock pc (not Apple oem) cables:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/IDE-HARD-DRIVE-ATA133-CABLE-HIGH-DENSITY-6-
> INCH_W0QQitemZ170338067481QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCA_Cables_Adapters?
> hash=item27a8f0a419&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

That 6" cable is a good start.

An actual Apple cable, however DOES have the slits for CS (the patent
requires it), but if you want to make a two-drive cable which does
not have the slits, it is easy enough.

The Apple two-drive cable is 6-3/8" over all, with the blue and one
end, the black at the other end and the gray 4" from the blue end.

The Apple P/N is 590-2253.

It is best to use an existing Apple cable as a reference as the black
and the gray connectors point away from the blue connector.

If you start with a standard PC 18" cable and you carefully remove
the black and gray connectors, you may reattach these at their
appropriate points.

It helps to have a professional flat cable cutter (Ideal, or equal)
and a professional flat cable connector installer (3M, or equal).