Dan writes,

<His & Hers Macs>

Yup! Absolutely a necessity!

I've been divorced almost a decade (no, not because of a Mac LOL), but
while my ex-husband and I were together, we started out using one Mac --
mine, which I had just bought. The problem we had sharing the one Mac
wasn't one of us getting to see the other's emails, but rather we both
wanted to use it "too much," and only one of us could use it at a time.
A year later I bought a second Mac, gave him the original one, and he
networked them with the printer so we could share that. We didn't have
any more problems over "who gets to use the Mac" after that, so it
worked out well.

Much more recently, my boyfriend and I also obviously do the "his and
her Macs" thing. He made an account for me on his dual gig G4
Quicksilver for when I'm up there and I've used it (to play my simmies
on his 23" Apple Cinema Display!), but I also bring my iBook when I go
to his place, and that's what I use to check email. I was going to
create an account for him on my own G4 Quicksilver 867 for when he's
here, but realized there's no need for it: when we do computer stuff
here (other than him helping me with my upgrades!) it tends to be
researching stuff on the web of simultaneous mutual interest, and I
don't have any privacy or blowing surprise issues with him popping open
Firefox. He was also bringing an iBook here too for awhile until it
futzed out, but I just gave him a "new" one for his birthday so I'm sure
he'll be bringing that when he comes over.  ;-)

~Yersinia.