On Sep 9, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2009, at 9:15 AM, Bill Connelly wrote:
>

>> My insurance company hasn't discovered https I guess, so they require
>> info FAXed to them.
>>
>> After creating some kind of pre-paper-like document on my Mac, can I
>> FAX it over the internet using some hidden capability of OS X? or
>> maybe NeoOffice? some other app for OS X on a G4?
>
> If you have a modem on your Mac connected to a phone line, you can
> send a fax as easy as printing, since 10.3 or so it's been in the same
> section of the Print dialog as print to a PDF has been. In 10.5 it's
> called PDF to Fax, under the PDF button. This is about all that
> Apple's USB to Phone connector is good for these days.
>
> (OT:Oh HO! something is up! The Apple Store says 'Busy updating! Be
> Back Later!', so I can't give you the url. I forgot the special 'It's
> only rock-n-roll, but we like it!' invite that went out for
> today...new iPods?? )
>
> Otherwise there are commercial email-to-fax gateways, such as efax.com

Thanks.

My DA had its modem removed when the eBay Seller upgraded it to a Dual
533, but my Yikes! (10.4.11) and QS 2002 Dual 1GHz (10.5.7) both have
their modems.

Guess I need to temporarily bypass the DSL connection, hook up the
modem, and FAX away using OS Xs pdf to fax capability before/after
creating a pdf ... thanks.