On Sep 9, 2009, at 9:47 PM, diane wrote:

> At 9:42 PM -0400 9/9/09, Bill Connelly wrote:
>>

>> Thanks All.
>>
>> Worked like a charm from my Yikes! OCd 450MHz under Tiger 10.4.11.
>>
>> TextEdit > Print > Fax PDF after creating an Address Book entry.
>>
>> Take That "The Hartford" in Lexington, KY!
>

> I love how they tell you they have to take a fax as it's more secure
> and non-editable. And then you explain to them (since you don't have
> a stand alone fax machine), that you will be SCANNING the document
> into your computer (hence editable) so it can be faxed from said
> computer. And they sigh, and say "I know, but...."
>
> Glad it worked!

Well ... I created it on the Mac, using TextEdit and went directly to
the Fax PDF ... I hope they weren't looking for my signature.

I think the difference between the Fax PDF and an e-mailed PDF is that
it doesn't sit on someone's Server, where someone could possibly get a
copy of it (is that even possible???).

It goes directly to hard copy via their fax printer. Make sense?

Of course, it if they were looking for a Signature on an Original, I
could fake that by scanning in my signature and pasting it into the
document ... then locking it in ... and Fax PDFing that to them ...