U2W. On 09-09-15 05:48 PM, Len Gerstel wrote:
> **IF** the card is Mac compatible and IF it is OS X Bootable. The card
> you linked to does not appear to be Mac compatible according to
> adaptec at:
>
> http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/_eol/aaa_raid/AAA-131U2/
>
> You may want to hit the swap list for a Mac compatible card.
>
> Also, if you have never used a sever class drive in a desktop system,
> watch out for heat. Those 36GB 10K drives get HOT.
I have another card that I found here but I can't seem to find it in the
link that you've sent me. So, I'm putting the numbers here: AHA-
2940U2W. Would this be bootable, do you know.

Am I getting it clear that there's no clear advantage to putting the OS
on the SCSI disks? I plan on keeping a close eye on the heat if I do end
up with these in the machine.  Thanks a lot for letting me know that,
and also about the card been "bootable", as I'd have spent ages on that.

Dan, shall we continue the discussion about having the SWAP files on the
SCSIs? It's an exciting idea I'd dare to pursue.

Thanks a lot guys.