At 3:05 PM -0400 9/21/2009, Sam Macomber wrote:
>I've got a G5 version Radeon Pro 9600 64MB card that has the pins
>taped to work in my Quicksilver 733.   It works,  but usually it does
>not want to work on startup, screen does not turn on.  but if I hit
>the reset a few seconds after the ethernet links up(router on my desk)
>it works.    It'll work fine after that, I can sleep the computer,
>etc.      it's only on cold restart.

The card is probably taking longer to initialize than the system
expects.  Try booting into safe mode or verbose mode - see if that
makes a diff.

Since it only happens on a cold start, *shrug* Just live with it.
You shouldn't be cold starting that often anyway, especially if sleep
works.

Since you're switching video cards anyway... take a good look at the
slot.  Make sure it's clean etc.  Ditto for the fingers on the card.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.