On Oct 13, 2009, at 9:17 AM, James Morgan wrote:

>       Excite upgraded their servers and now I can't edit my old websites
> there with my G4's running OS 10.4. It looks like I will need to buy
> a new G5 with OS 10.5 so I can use internet explorer to edit those
> old websites.  Do you know if I can run internet explorer on my
> mirror door G4's if I upgrade them to OS 10.5?

Can you get into Excite with IE right now? AFAIK, IE was never
released for OS X. and since 10.5 does not run classic, you are
probably out of luck.

I went to excite.com and the site would not load with IE 5.2 in
classic under 10.4. First error was about needing Flash, and there is
no easy download of Flash for OS 9. I don't know if they even made it
for 9.

However, a handy feature in Safari (version 4.0.3 in 10.4.11) is the
ability to tell web sites it is another browser. I am 99.99% certain
that Safari under 10.5 can do the same thing.

I set the User Agent on the Develop menu to tell web sites that it is
actually IE 8.0 and Excite loaded fine, but I do not know if you can
do what you need to do that way, but it is worth a try.

Len