On Oct 31, 2009, at 1:06 AM, Michael G.M. wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2:11 pm, Bill Connelly <billycarm...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I have the ATI Radeon 9800Pro ME and I believe you're supposed to
>> stick with the software supplied via OS X.
>
> The cards come with software installers for a reason, don't they? If
> it was an ATi rage 128, yes stick with the software supplied within OS
> X. It doesn't need a software install.
>
>> I have 10.5.8.
>
> The OP doesn't, he has 10.4.  And you need to start trouble shooting
> some way.
> Don't patronize me.
> I've installed and uninstalled tons of software for Mac OS X and 9.
> The advice I've  given means I've had experience and I stand by it.
>
> Mike

My apologies if I sounded like I was being patronizing ... that was
not my intention.

It had also, always been my experience to perform "download the latest
drivers" whenever there seemed to be a software/hardware issue.

But the advice I got, and tried to pass along, was regarding ATI
drivers, and this changed somewhere along the way. ATI being taken
over by AMD, or something to that effect. If someone reading this goes
to 10.5.8, I believe it stands: it is suggested that you should stay
with the Apple supplied drivers.

Thank You for bringing this to my attention.