On Nov 10, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Cliff Rediger wrote:

> minG4 Tiger
> iTunes 9.0.2
>
> Try to purchase a tune and get Error 1008
> Google search on problem reveals others with same problem
> Seeming only fix is revert to vs 8.
>
> Surely there s a fix in the making.

Did you try this :

<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1385978>

and this similar answer (with some more info) from an ask Yahoo
posting,.:

"For some users it helped to switch from the Basket to 1-Click-Buy in
the iTunes settings.
For me it helped to get Administrationrights in my Windwos XP.
In all cases the error occured, while the users had some song coupons
in their store. As soon as there are no more coupons the error should
be gone."

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona