> I have a Buslink model FDD1 I want to use as an external usb floppy
> drive with my G4 gigabit ethernet. I can't figure out which adapter to
> use. I have two that fit -- a 9 v, 800 MA, and a 3V, 300 MA. Anyone
> use this drive and know which adapter to use? Unfortunately, few
> makers put the same name on their products and the adapter.
> Paul Riemerman

My guess is that neither of those go with it. Does the floppy have a
label anywhere that specs required voltage? If not, can you crack it
open and look to see if there is any labels?. The voltage spec is the
key. You can burn it out with the wrong voltage. You can't hurt it
with a supply rated higher in amperage, but you can burn out the
power supply if it is rated lower.

My WAG is that it uses either 5 or 12V since those are the standard
voltages from computer power supplies for drives.

BTW, googling around leads to a couple of descriptions of this item
as "bus powered", meaning it gets it's power from the usb cable. Have
you tried plugging it into either a powered usb hub or directly into
your Mac?

Len