I have an old 233MHz beige G3 desktop I workin with at a hobby.

last week I installed a trio of 128Mb SIMMs I bought through LEM Swap. I
exchanged the old memory for the new one following the Apple instructions per
the manual (and after checking through the net) and restarted the computer.
hardware started, but got the bomb dialog telling me there was a prolem with
some app and asking me for a secure reboot through the keyboard.

At that time I had only an USB keyboard as my ADB one was at home. Today I
finally got my old ADB keyboard, opnened the case again, reseated the memory
and hit the power up buttom in the keyboard.....

... to no avail. I got the three lights in the keyboard, the PSU started t
whirl... and after a couple seconds the machie shut down.

Opened it again, checked everything was OK, all the connections secure,put back
the old memory SIMMs, closed and tried again to boot, getting the same results.

The machine is a beige desktop, 233MHz G3, 128 + 64 + 32Mb SIMMs , one PCI slot
with 2xUSB 1.1 and 2xFirewire 400, one 10Gb and one 40Gb HD and running Mac OS
9.1. The machine was recently resurrected after being unused for five years and
it ran smoothly until the memory swapt.

Any ideas? Maybe the PSU failed? Besides the memory SIMMs nothing else have
been touched....

Thanks!

Gorka from Spain.
--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02