On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:20 PM, John Carmonne wrote:

> Does the Powerlogix upgrade run at different speeds depending on the
> OS?

I believe the problem is the L2 cache enabler in different version of
OS X. Powerlogix quit developing their CPU Director. As was mentioned
before, the $13 XLR8 MachSpeed Control will enable full speed, and
possibly the free SonnetCache 1.4 as well?

In my opinion, the optimal upgrade CPU would be a 600 MHz G4 rather
than the 1 GHz G3. My reasoning is that to get to 1 GHz I believe the
G3 bumps the system bus back to 66 MHz rather than the full 100 Mhz,
so you're "stealing from Peter to pay Paul". Either way, if the L2
cache isn't working correctly, you'll have a dog slow system, so
having a fully functional L2 cache enabler is critical to these
upgrade CPUs.