First, I'm amazed at the dual G4 processor for a G3 beige or B&W!
I've never seen these before!  Way cool!  I wonder if any of them are
still around. . .  Secondly, I only partially agree regarding the
upgrading B&W's.  It's true that faster CPU's and graphics cards are
available for these (for a price, of course!).  Note, however, that
Sawtooth and Gigabit Ethernet G4's run at the same bus speed as a
B&W.  I'm not sure you can justify upgrading some of the lower end G4
AGP machines anymore than the B&W.  What you get versus what you spend
is not that much better than the B&W.  I still own a Gigabit Ethernet
that I had heavily upgraded.  Frankly, after a while, it just made
more sense to sell off the upgraded components and put that money
toward a Mini.  If speed versus money is the main consideration, then
you're MUCH better off just buying a Mini.  Today's Mini is a powerful
machine and can be had for less than $600.  They're just not as much
fun to "play with" as some of the older machines because the upgrade
options are fairly limited.  I think a lot of people on this list
simply enjoy hot rodding their computers for the fun of it as much as
the improvement in performance.  Heck, if you just want bang for the
buck, you should just stick to Windoze - (queue Tricky Dick . . ."But,
that would be wrong!").

Scott Birdwell
DeFalco's Home Wine & Beer Supplies
Houston TX