On Dec 21, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Clark Martin wrote:

> toothgrisle wrote:
>>    I'm looking for an PCI SATA controller card.
snip

> I have the SeriTek/1S2 in my GigaBit Ethernet G4.

I have the same card in my Digital Audio. Works fine for me in 10.3, .
4 and .5. Bootable with no problems. I have a 1TB and a 500GB drive
hanging off of it.

Someone mentioned the Rocket Raid 1520. That card is not bootable so
you would need to keep a pata drive hooked up for booting. Same with
any card that is not bootable. Since smaller ata drives are getting
long in the tooth and well past their warranties, I would go with a
bootable card and SATA drive and install X on it.

re: PCI and PCI-X: I have tried a PCI X card in a regular PCI slot
and it worked fine. I BELIEVE that the PCI-X spec calls for cards to
be backward compatible with the standard PCI slots. Trust, but verify.

SATA I vs II: AFAIK, there are no Mac compatible PCI (or -X) SATA II
cards, so the point is moot with respect to cards. Drives should fall
back to the slower speed of a SATA I card, so that should not be a
problem. The 1TB drive I have is a SATA II and I have had no problems
with it on the SeriTek 1S2 SATA I card,

Len