I bought a reconditioned cartridge for my LaserWriter 4/600 ages ago.
Not used it all that much (this is the bit that hurts!) and it
suddenly started causing darkish tones on one side of the paper that
was printed. I pulled the cartridge out and it was extraordinary,
when I tried to gently sway it to "even the toner" it simply started
to leak out of both sides like it thought it was a sand egg timer.
Bloody hell! Why would the toner do this, are there seals that
deteriorate?

Anyway, appreciate anyone knowing where best to get a replacement (I
am so loathe to get rid of it, I even have a perfect spare machine!
But perhaps I should just buy a new USB machine, they are cheap
enough I guess. I already have to start a 7300 on 9 to use it from my
Quicksilver on X via ethernet and a little apple supplied program...

--
dorayme