On Dec 28, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Len Gerstel wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Dale Hoffman wrote:
>
>> I've just pulled the paper tray from our Apple Laserwriter because
>> someone inadvertently launched a print job of indeterminate length.
>> I'm getting continuous duplicates of a single page with over 100
>> printed so far.
>> The job is in the printer's memory, shutting down the printer does
>> not
>> clear it - the job resumes when the printer is back up.
>

> It is probably in the print que on your Mac, and not in the printers
> memory.
>
> (snip)
>
> That should take care of it. It may print one or two more pages when
> you turn the printer back on, but that should be all.

Hi Len,

The job was no longer in the que. The entire file was sent and
received by the printer in a second or two.
I could shut down the computer or disconnect the printer from the
network and the prints would continue to be output.

However, the solution was to shut the printer down, and disconnect the
power plug.

Thanks,
Dale