On Dec 30, 2009, at 2:20 PM, Dana Collins wrote:

>>> On Dec 29, 2009, at 10:25 PM, Hal wrote: > Anyone have the experience with
>>> their G5 where all 3 of...
>
> I guess ignorance is bliss, Hal. My Firewire ports are AWOL as well on my G5
> – no wonder I could not sync my 4th Gen. iPod via FW. “About my Mac” reported
> my external LaCie DVD burner, but only after a long time; Toast can’t see it.
> And my Seagate back up drive (front FW) is also a no show. Hope a cool down
> does the trick. If not, any other suggestions more OS-related anyone? FYI, my
> G5 unit is VERY clean (yes, in the audio world, analog and digital, we’re
> taught to check the cables/connections first in troubleshooting).

Yep, I checked the cables and connections as well. I had already replaced the
PRAM battery trying to sort out another issue, but I read online somewhere to
power down and unplug for 15-20 minutes. It did the trick for me.

Oddly enough, someone else mentioned a cold climate. I do live in Salt Lake
City, and had just relocated my office a month ago to a room in my house that's
cooler. I thought that might be a good thing...

Cheers,
-Hal