unplugging the machine, opening it, removing the PRAM battery, press
and hold the button nearest the battery (the one not labeled :POWER:)
This got my G3 B&W running just fine. Mine is a 400MHz rev.2 btw...

No success. I removed the PRAM battery, did hold the button for a while, released it and powered on without the battery. Since this didn't make it work I decided to press the button right after powering on. When holding the button and trying to power on, nothing happens. BTW, the other button actually IS a power button.

So, I guess I have to trash it. Too bad.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250

voltage left on battery?