At 12:29 AM +0100 1/7/2010, Mac User #330250 wrote:
Thanks to all for the great help. It is good to know that people out there
still care for old but great pieces of hardware.

Like the old Mac IIci, the Power Mac G3 B&W, aka SmurfTower, is a wonderful work-horse. Great as both a desktop and as a server. There are a LOT of them still in service.

Right now, I'm on a 300-MHz Smurf. It's my basic test machine. Sometimes it's stock, sometimes I throw a G4 into it. Always fiddling around with pci cards and such. Solid machine - takes lots of abuse / fumble fingering, and keeps on ticking.