----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Why are you (still) using PowerPC-based Macs?
Date:    Freitag 22 Januar 2010N
From:    Dan <dantear...@gmail.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com

> >>OpenSSL
> >>CVE-ID: CVE-2009-3555
> >>Available for: Mac OS X v10.5.8, Mac OS X Server v10.5.8, Mac OS X
> >>v10.6.2, Mac OS X Server v10.6.2
> >>Impact: An attacker with a privileged network position may capture
> >>data or change the operations performed in sessions protected by SSL
>
> While this is applicable to all implementations of SSL (it's a direct
> protocol failure), I'm not finding or hearing of any code that takes
> advantage of it on a Mac.

I don't think that this is at all architecture specific. Every secure page
(https://...) could be affected by it, and it doesn't matter if you're sitting
in front of a PowerPC-based Mac, an ALPHA-based DEC, or an x86 (Intel/AMD)-
based PC, as long as you direct your browser to an SSL encrypted page, and
this very browser utilizes the operating systems capabilities to manage SSL.
Mac OS X and almost all UNIXes use OpenSSL for this job. All are affected. On
every architecture.

That is how I understand it. But maybe I'm wrong again.

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250