On Feb 4, 2010, at 11:46 AM, Dan wrote:

At 12:32 PM -0700 2/4/2010, Doug McNutt wrote:
>An app with which to create/design flyers and posters in which images >and text can be manipulated, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Not
>for for-hire professional graphics, but for small business promotion
>(musician/band).

How about MacDraw? Surely Apple still offers an version that runs on OS neXt.

I've done quite a few brochures and flyers in AppleWorks. Its ability to do draw, paint, and word frames makes it very easy to use.

GraphicConverter is ok for doing the artwork.

Gimp is good too.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.

Right, Pages in Appleworks, ok, I've got that one open, looks very template driven, but like you can manipulate those enough. Good to contain the choices sometimes, get creative within them, very groovy, thanks much.