I just picked up a dual 1.25 MDD to replace my slow dual 450 giga. None the
less, I've spent the last few hours fighting a problem transferring data from
my old drive (80gb WD ata/100), to a Deskstar 80gb ata/100, and I figured it
would be best to ask the experts (you guys). The drive that originally came
with the computer (Seagate 80gb ata/100) stopped working while transferring
data (now it's not recognized by any computer), and the Deskstar has corruption
issues now. The drives are set up using the ata/100 bus, both drives set to CS.
The computer works great, but somewhere between the two drives when
transferring data, everything gets messed up. The original drives data seems
fine, and it passes the utility tests, as where the Deskstar now shows errors,
and has files I transfered that can't be opened (and a lot of them). Did I
screw up somewhere, or could this be a computer problem? I'm open to all
suggestions, and I really appreciate the help. Thanks

   Jake