Thanks for the idea. I gave it a try but no luck. I'm also getting a "Keys
Out Of Order" warning now from Disk utility. I also gave the FSCK command trick
a try, and ran it multiple times without luck. I have a feeling I'm left with
one option, formatting, and installing a new OS. Diskwarrior at $100 seems a
bit steep at the moment, and if I had to spend the money, I'd put it to OS
10.5. The good news is transferring data via TDM (over firewire) seems to work
just fine (no errors so far).
   On a side note, since 10.4 and 10.5 cost the same used, what are the pro's
and cons of each on my dual 1.25 MDD (1gb of ram)? I read I may take a slight
hit in performance, but is this all, and haw big of one? Does 10.5 offer me
anything useful 10.4 wouldn't other than giving the computer a slightly longer
usable life? Thanks again everyone.

   Jake