On 22 Feb 2010, at 06:00, Kasey Smith <kasm...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Feb 21, 2010, at 10:08 PM, Clark Martin wrote:

On 2/21/10 7:18 PM, Kasey Smith wrote:

On Feb 21, 2010, at 7:38 PM, Bob Whiton wrote:

It didn't have an external ADB plug, it was purely to run the *internal*
keyboard and trackpad.

My G4 iBook running Leopard shows no USB devices, either in System Profiler or USB Prober. It does however have the following files in /System/Library/Extensions:

AppleADBButtons.kext
AppleADBKeyboard.kext
AppleADBMouse.kext

I find the ADBButtons.kext quite interesting... i wonder if the kexts for the touchpad and buttons are separate or if its another device...

Also, for what it's worth, my blue and white g3 running tiger works just fine with an apple extended keyboard (possibly 2) plugged into it's adb port. I'm sure someone somewhere with a hacked Leo install on a g4 upgraded smurf (or earlier) musthave tried out the adb ports?