On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 12:27:16PM +0100, Nicholas Fantuzzi wrote:

> A G4 MacBook doesn't exist..probably she has a iBook G4 or a PowerBook G4..
>
> To improve your daughter's mac you can add more RAM or change the HDD with a
> 5400 or 7200 hard drive...or you can buy her a new MacBook!

I'll second this.  One of the first upgrades I do on any computer I work
on, or tell someone to work on, is the hard drive.  Especially with a 5
year old machine, you'd be amazed of the performance difference of
putting in a new, 7200rpm high-end disk.

That being said, finding IDE disks for laptops is starting to become
more and more difficult as everything moves to SATA.

--
Ben Dinger
b...@mac-geek.com