On Mar 22, 4:29 pm, The M <mstye...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What would be a good (128 MB VRAM or more ,quartz extreame preferred) video
> card that would fit into my PowerMac G4 dual 867mhz MDD's AGP slot? I am
> looking for the best performance for when I upgrade to leopard. It is running
> a geforce with 64 MB VRAM. Any suggestions? And how will my mac perform with
> this stock card on leopard?
>
> You can't compare Apples and oranges. And Microsoft is the orange here.

I modded (new ROM and taped off AGP connector) a PNY GeForce FX5200
Ultra (128MB) to put in my dual 800MHz Quicksilver.  It replaced a
stock Geforce2MX TwinView (64MB).  The difference was pretty
astonishing.  Finder performance definitely improved on Leopard.  Just
don't expect to get much better resolution than 1600x1200/1680x1050
out of the DVI port on that card.  It definitely will NOT do 1920x1200
digitally.  Not bad for a $50 card and couple hours' work, though.