B&W G3
400 MHZ
OS 10.4.11
768MB
5 Gig free on start up drive.

Safari
Version 4.0.4 (4531.21.10)

After a restart, It takes Safari 3 sometimes 4 mins after I start it
and the screen pops up for a web page to load.  At first I thought it
was the web services not loading because I couldn't even browse to my
router or modem.

I then noticed all other web services started right up.  FTP, SSH, and
Remote access.

I started firefox while safari was still sitting there with its
animated loading arrow going and it loaded, then loaded the same web
page I was trying to load with safari.  After the page loaded in
firefox, About 40 seconds later the page finally loaded in Safari.
All other subsequent web pages load right away.  I can quit safari and
start it back up and it loads pages right away.

I have a twitchy processor or motherboard so restarts can be fairly
common on any given day.  Sometimes it will go all day without
restarting.  Then the next.. It will crash quite frequently.  I doubt
this has anything to do with the safari, in fact, I am not even sure
when the safari problem started.  (possibly on an update).

I believe I am running the latest version of Safari for the G3 OSX.
4.11.  I have installed all the latest updates for Tiger.

Suggestions on how to troubleshoot, or anyone with knowledge if this
is a known problem, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all for your help!!!

Gus.