On 4/8/10 10:28 AM, Keith Proctor wrote:
I just revived a dead Quicksilver and returned it to service. Had to
replace a logic board. It is currently running OS 10.3.9.
This is my first attempt at reviving a dead Mac so bare with my
ignorance here. Done many PCs before, but this is the first Mac I worked
with in this state.
Machine is running beautifully with a 40 gig HD and 1.5 gig of RAM. Very
stable and surprisingly fast for its age.
Question is, just how far can I take this upgrade wise?
I like how this thing runs and would love to put my Adobe CS software on
it.
As it sits now it is configured with:
800mhz processor
1.5 gig Ram
40 gig HD
DVD Read/Write
This is the model they call the Digital Audio version with the audio
connections near the top section of the back panel.
Any advice welcome!
Keith

QuickSilver and Digital Audio are two distinct models of Power Mac G4. QuickSilver have a light gray (silver) front panel. The DA has a dark front panel, same as the Yikes, Sawtooth and Gigabit Ethernet.

If it is a QuickSilver you can upgrade the processor to a dual, at least 1GHz. The memory maxed out already. A video card upgrade is a possiblity. If this is a QS 2002 then you could put in a PATA harddrive as big as you can. The earlier QS was limited to 128Gb.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA