The reason why iMovie '09 works faster on your PM G5 Gorka, is because
it has dual-processor technology, so it runs as if it has two
processor cores. Here is an approximate comparison of processors
today:

PowerPC G5 Quad 2.5Ghz = Intel i7 Quad core 2.93Ghz
PowerPC G5 Dual 1.8Ghz = Intel Pentium dual core @2.1Ghz
PowerPC G4 Dual 1.67Ghz = Intel Pentium dual core @1.6Ghz
PowerPC G4 single 1.33Ghz = Intel Pentium 4 single @ 2.4Ghz
PowerPC G4 single 400Mhz = Intel Pentium 4 single @ 1.3 or 1.4Ghz
PowerPC G3 900Mhz = Intel Pentium III @ 1.3Ghz
PowerPC G3 300Mhz = Intel Pentium II @ 500Mhz

These test results are based on computers I have. If you would like to
find out where to get a Quad core PowerPC G5 processor, they only came
in 2.5Ghz, and also they are RARE because they only shipped on Power
Mac G5 computers for about 7 months before they were replaced by
intel.