At 7:08 PM -0400 4/9/2010, iJohn wrote:
My personal take on Dan's post is why can't the SAFARI folks at Apple investigate the problem, verify the source, and, if appropriate, open up a problem with WebKit.

*nod*

Was some law passed while I was napping which prevents development organizations from trying to get bugs fixed in critical external components their project depends on?

Yes, I think so.

Scenario 1: The mook replying to my customer report is just a desk meat whoze performance is rated on the number of tickets it closes per second. Ok, maybe per day. Following thru leaves an easy close off his books.

Scenario 2: The mook replying was an actual developer. Since his ability to interact with end users is simply not part of his job performance evaluation, he doesn't give a rats a** and so is quite happy to just pass the buck to some other mook. Besides the pizza was getting cold. Oh, and he got credit for closing the ticket.