It isn't the hard drive because it was in my PC about two weeks ago and chugging along just fine (i even remember checking the SMART status when it was in there just before i swapped it..) Both devices are on different cables and i have them plugged into the internal controller. I will try with another optical drive and hard drive cable and see if that solves anything...

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 20:46:23 -0500, Albert Carter <slvrmoonti...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Just off the top of my head sounds like either a problem with your optical drive, harddrive, or both. Could be a bad cable (if both devices are on the same cable) or a controller card issue.

Albert Carter
Reston, VA 20194

________________________________
From: Kasey Smith <kasm...@gmail.com>
To: "g3-5-list@googlegroups.com" <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, April 11, 2010 7:42:27 PM
Subject: Tempermental PowerMac G3

My PowerMac here is going crazy. First thing that happened was i couldn't boot into OS9, so i tried booting the OS9 CD i have (that i installed with) and it wouldn't boot. Then it started being really unstable in OSX (kernelpanics, but i couldn't find a kext in the crash log) so I tried reinstalling OSX, but it crashed during the install. Any help would be greatly appreciated!