On Apr 11, 2010, at 6:42 PM, Kasey Smith wrote:

My PowerMac here is going crazy. First thing that happened was i couldn't boot into OS9, so i tried booting the OS9 CD i have (that i installed with) and it wouldn't boot. Then it started being really unstable in OSX (kernelpanics, but i couldn't find a kext in the crash log) so I tried reinstalling OSX, but it crashed during the install. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like bad RAM to me. Any time you've got multiple things involved, in this case both the HD and the optical drive, along with both OS 9 & OS X, it sounds like bad RAM.